Thursday, April 12, 2007

Liar Liar Pants On Fire

Are all men liars, or is it just because Bear is 4 that he has begun to lie? This has started in the past few weeks and I don't know if it's a phase that he will pass through soon. It's lies about stupid stuff like "Bear, did you drop that?" "Me?! Why would I drop that [ha ha]? No it wasn't me." "Really, cuz...there's no one else here." And he then proceeds to make up stories.

Most recently he told me that his grandmother died. HE'S 4 1/2!! Why would you lie about that? It's so weird.

So I punish him every time I catch him lying. I have a zero tolerance policy. However, what I'd really like to do is point at him and start screaming "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE, HANGING FROM A TELEPHONE WIRE!!!" And then if possible actually take his pants off and burn them on a telephone wire.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Great picture! You need to post more often...

Joanna said...

Kids lie when they think they'll get in trouble. It's a phase they go through. Try rewarding good behavior instead of punishing bad behavior. If you punish don't be angry and mean. Are all men liars? Do all women believe that men are liars?